The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:32pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Verilog AMS resources (Read 10061 times)
Shailesh

Verilog AMS resources
Feb 21st, 2003, 8:53am

Hi ,
I have been trying to find resources on Verilog -A. Except for a book by Dan Fitzpatrick, Ira Miller
"Analog Behavioral Modeling With the Verilog-A Language", there doesn't seem to be much out there.
Can anyone help.

Shailesh

IP Logged
saurabh

Re: Verilog AMS resources
Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2003, 1:12pm

This very site has quite a few links related to verilogA. Here are a few that might be of interest to you....

http://www.bmas-conf.org/
http://www.eda.org/analog/ftp_files/documentation/tutdac99.pdf
http://www.eda.org/verilog-ams/htmlpages/examples.html

Browse this site and you may find a few more....

Hope this helps.

saurabh

IP Logged
Jitter Man
Community Member

Am I? Or am I so
sane that u just
blew your mind?

Reply #2 - Feb 27th, 2003, 3:38pm

Be aware that the Fitzpatrick & Miller book is very dated and covers only part of the Verilog-A language. In my experience  restricting yourself to the part of the language covered in that book can be quite painful. Use it as an introduction, then spend some time looking at a manual that covers the whole language, such as the original OVI manual or the manual from Cadence.

Jitter Man

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2003, 11:26am by Jitter Man »  
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Eugene

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2003, 10:37pm

I found the Fitzpatrick book hard to use because the index is very very sparse. Without a good index, a language reference manual is about as useful as a dictionary that is not alphabetized. The Cadence documentation is not perfect but it definitely has a superior index. The only problem is that you must have the Cadence tools, which are expensive. But then again, are there any inexpensive tools that support VerlogA? I'd be interested in a list.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2003, 12:57pm

Rumor has it that ADMS will soon be released on SourceForge.  ADMS is supposed to convert Verilog-A to XML and C code to be compiled and accessed through a C interface.  I think that someone is working on the RTE to connect this to Berkeley Spice, so then you would be able to do some simulations for free.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
schandra

Adelaide, Australia
Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2003, 6:25pm

VerilogAMS LRM 2.1 was released in Feb 2003 which clarifies and has more details on mixed signal extensions (syntax and scheduling semantics) to the VerilogA language.

SourceForge has now got couple of things related to
compact device modelling...
sourceforge.net/projects/mot-adms (converts compatct models written in Verilog-A into C-code)
sourceforge.net/project/mot-zspice (reconfigurable spice simulator - builds devices using the adms tool - its a simulator interface for the adms tool written in xml. i think this is a windows only version.

View Profile   IP Logged
John Reeder

Re: Verilog AMS resources--Verilog-A
Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2003, 10:19am

I took a Verilog-A class from Cadence.
I liked the class and would recommend it to any one that is new to Verilog-A.

John Reeder

IP Logged
August West
Community Member

I'll get up and fly
away

Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2003, 10:58am

You can find the language reference manual, along with a small library of user contributed models, at www.verilog-ams.com

-August

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.