The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:09am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Modeling LED what  theory is involve? (Read 796 times)
Dr.Berns

Modeling LED what  theory is involve?
Mar 30th, 2003, 5:21am

LEDs has been greatly improving for a couple of years now we have white LEDs and high power resolving LEDs but very little mention or material related to SPICE modeling them. The difficulty is probably the combined electro and optical characteristics i.e. photons,quanrum efficiency with emission intensity with forward cuarrent or forward voltage. Are there any available SPICE library that catalogs LEDs models?[email][/email]

View Profile   IP Logged
FrereTuck

Beantown
Re: Modeling LED what  theory is involve?
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2003, 8:17pm

When in doubt, Google Smiley

Here's what I found that may (or may not!) be of any help to you:

http://www.spectrum-soft.com/down/fall2000.pdf

This link has a pretty good explanation of how to model
an LED/Zener Diode etc.

According to them, it's a "simple proposition" (though I have my doubts on whether they consider any real-world effects in it).

Hope this helps..

There might be a spoon.
View Profile   IP Logged
Berns J. Buenaobra

Re: Modeling LED what  theory is involve?
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2003, 8:56pm

Yes, thanks I've looked at the website and it is indeed supersimplistic enough to tell the SPICE user that an LED is a rectifier diode with a minute IS value! But thats just is the problem semiconductor diodes are a lot physically and electrically different! Obviously there are more physics involve in this like establishing a relationship between forward current of an LED with light intensity.Microcap Spectrum modeling solution is not really that coherent. Thanks anyway this things are better done on a physics lab.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.