The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:32am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
charge pump noise simulation (Read 6565 times)
kryzeg01

charge pump noise simulation
May 02nd, 2003, 7:58am

Thank you for the documentation on PLL jitter measurement. By following the steps listed in the document i could simulate the noise for the pfd/cp combination. My question is how to go about characterising the jitter for the stand alone charge pump. I have been working with a single ended CP with a current steering switch. Could you be give me some pointers about developing a jitter model for the CP. Thank you.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jitter Man
Community Member

Am I? Or am I so
sane that u just
blew your mind?

Re: charge pump noise simulation
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2003, 4:06pm

Kundert covers this in his paper Predicting the Phase Noise and Jitter of PLL-Based Frequency Synthesizers, which can be found at www.designers-guide.com/Analysis. You can find the information in Section 9.1.2 on page 28 in Extracting the Jitter of the Phase Detector. There he talks about the extracting the jitter of the PFD and the CP together, but extracting the jitter of the CP alone is even easier. Just drive an input with a pulse and use his procedure from measuring the jitter.

JitterMan

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.