The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:05pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Eldo with Hspice Model (Read 7909 times)
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Eldo with Hspice Model
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:59am

Hi,

for the MOS transistors in the technology I use I have Hspice BSIM3V3 models (level 49). I would like to use the Eldo simulator to simulate my design, but Eldo only recognizes BSIM3V3 as level 53. Can I just change the level information in the model to use it with Eldo or are some of the parameters used differently by both simulators?

Thanks

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Eldo with Hspice Model
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2004, 9:47am

You *should* be able to just change the level; however, you might or might not have a few other problems: does Eldo accept CJGATE and CJSWG (I think HSpice considers them aliases, but one isn't standard BSIM3), etc.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: Eldo with Hspice Model
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2004, 12:31am

Sorry,

I completely forgot to update this post as we got around the problem of getting different simulation results using Spectre (with Spectre model), Hspice and Eldo (same model, except level=53 for Eldo).

There is a paper on sourcelink which helped a lot:
BSIM3V3.X MOSFET MODEL COMPATIBILITY HSPICE LEVEL 49 -Spectre BSIM3V3.X
which explains the different ways of calculating source and drain parasitic capacitance for Spectre compared to Hspice. With respect to Eldo vs Hspice, the point to consider is that Hspice has one parameter defining the calculation of the related diffusion parasitics, while Eldo has several. So we had to be careful that both models are compatible on that point.
CJGATE is conditionnally used by Eldo, depending on the value of DCAPLEV. In our case, DCAPLEV has the default value and thus CJGATE is *not* used, but this doesn't seem to alter the simulation results with respect to Hspice results.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.