The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 6:08am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
VHDL-AMS Error Messages (Read 3697 times)
Akalya

VHDL-AMS Error Messages
Nov 07th, 2003, 3:52pm

Hi All,
  I am working on a class presentation on VHDL-AMS and I am facing problems in compiling codes written in vhdl-ams. I used the codes given in the CD that came with the "System Designer's Guide To VHDL-AMS". I am using Mentor Graphics suite of software. The code passes the vacom stage but does not pass the vasim stage. The error message that I am getting is

#E Error: OPEN terminal port INP not implemented
# #E Occurred in design entity(ADMS/A2D_BIT_ELECTRICAL) at time 0fs #
# #E Error Loading Design

Any help in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks For U'r Time.
Akalya.

IP Logged
shpong

Re: VHDL-AMS Error Messages
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2003, 2:57am

Hi,

First I think you better refer to the version of AdvanceMS you are using since all these VHDL-AMS tools are still in early developpement and there are many differences between the versions.

I think you problem is coming from the fact that your input terminal has been left open and a open terminal is not yet (to my knowledge) implemented in AdvanceMS...

If not, could you please give more information : when you are trying to run the simulation (vasim) did you include your model in a testbench and so on....

View Profile   IP Logged
svs

Re: VHDL-AMS Error Messages
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2004, 3:20pm

Seems like you have not connected the input terminal INP of your A2D converter. Connect it to something, rather than leaving the actual of the port as OPEN. This should fix your problem

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.