The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 6:56pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SC CMFB Design (Read 6135 times)
The_One

SC CMFB Design
Jan 01st, 2004, 7:33am

<quote>
Hi,

You must define the minimum equivalent resistance your amplifier can drive, this gives the upper limit to the capacitance value - clock frequency product. The lower limit of this product is given by loss of accuracy due to leakage currents and other practical issues.

Paul <quote>

Hi, I create a new thread to accomodate any questions regarding the SC CMFB design.

View Profile   IP Logged
The_One

Re: SC CMFB Design
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2004, 7:38am

Well Paul,

What I mean is as following.

when i only simulate the SC CMFB, the voltage produced is as expected. however, when i combined the full diff opamp and the cmfb, the cmfb cannot work properly. in the end, the opamp cannot work.

i use spectre RF (the pss and pac analysis).

when i use trans analysis from Mentor graphic, the correct dc point of the opamp can be obtained.

is there something wrong with the Spectre RF? or any design rule for SC CMFB?
thx.

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2004, 10:34am

Rather than speculate, perhaps you can send me both netlists. Be sure to include the full executable netlists (models, analyses, etc.)

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2004, 12:10am

I was able to run a simulation with Spectre from the netlist you sent and did not find anything that would suggest a problem. However, as you did not send a simulatable netlist (there were no analyses, options, etc.), I cannot really know what simulations you ran, or which outputs you observed. Nor have you really described what problems occur (you only say that the simulations cannot work).

If you would like more help, I recommend that you construct a netlist that demonstrates the problem (be sure to test it to assure it both runs and exhibits the problem) and send that to me. Be sure to include a description of the circuit (inputs and outputs, function, etc) and the problem.

-Ken

Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2004, 12:03am

Hi The_one,

There's no reason for Eldo and Spectre to give different simulation results. I'm sure the problem is not in the Spectre simulator, but in different simulation conditions between both simulators. As Ken mentions, you should provide more information on the kind of problems you see.

Paul

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.