The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:05am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simulating and integrating netlists with AMS (Read 2866 times)
aznaragorn

Simulating and integrating netlists with AMS
Jul 07th, 2004, 12:46pm

I am trying to simulate 4 blocks, let's say 2 behaviorly written in verilog ams language, and 2 defined schematically in Virtuoso.  I am basically trying to do both system level simulation and transistor level simulations at the same time. What is the best way to approach this?

Right now I am attempting to generate verilog code for all four blocks by using an AMS netlister and using +modelpath to use analog primitives defined in spectre. Thus, I am generating AMS code for all four blocks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Simulating and integrating netlists with AMS
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2004, 9:26pm

You don't give a whole lot of details, but yes, that would be the right thing to do.

What do you have on top? Schematic or netlist? It doesn't necessarily matter though...

What you can do is to compile the verilog code into your library:

ncvlog  -ams -work yourLibName -use5x code.vams

Then in DFII create a config view (File->New->CellView,
choose "Hierarchy Editor" as the tool), and configure the
top cellView (be it verilog-ams code or a schematic), and then use the Plugins->AMS in the hierarchy editor to set up the simulation and run from there.

Or you can use the standalone "amsdirect" command to create the netlists, and then compile yourself. Easier still, you can use the standalone "amsdesigner" command to do all the netlisting, compilation, and run the simulation.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.