The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 7:32am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
deterministic jitter in serdes receive data (Read 921 times)
feiyue

deterministic jitter in serdes receive data
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:18pm

Dear all,

who knows the jitter concept well about Serdes and the deterministic jitter's PSD? Is it uniform distribution or other kind of distribution? I am doing some system simulation and not clear how to deal with this kind of jitter? I will greatly appreciate for your help!

feiyue

View Profile   IP Logged
DReynolds

Scarborough ME
Re: deterministic jitter in serdes receive data
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2005, 6:34am

feiyue, deterministic jitter can have many different kinds of psd depending on the cause. Being deterministic, it could be relaled to the  data pattern itself or it could from an interfering tone like an clock.

Can you explain a little more about the purpose of the sims you are doing... it might make it easier to understand what to suggest.

David Reynolds

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2005, 10:39pm

Feiyue,

the way most shorts-distance standards (ethernet, fibre channel, InfiniBand, etc)  apply jitter to the input is signal is explained in this document:
ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/mjsq/04-101v4.pdf

Modeling it is uniform is OK as a first estimate, but probably you want to develop a more accurate model based on this spec later.

Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
feiyue

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2005, 8:19pm

hi David and Paul,

I was assigned to design a 1.25Gbps serdes receiver and need to modeling the receivered data with jitter for circuit simulation.

Just as Paul have said,I model it as uniform distribution,
I think it is enough for circuit simulation.

Thanks both of you!

feiyue

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.