The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 1:25am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Specify Terminals of a 3-terminal Inductor (Read 4096 times)
Ray_Lin

Taiwan
Specify Terminals of a 3-terminal Inductor
Mar 29th, 2005, 8:14am

Dear All:
     I have a symmetric inductor with 3 terminals(Plus, Minus, and Common-mode), for the loading of a differential circuit(a Mixer). Plus and Minus nodes are with the metal 5, and Common-mode node is with metal 3. The Common-mode node can be easily specified in different CAD tools such as Diva and Dracula due to its different metal connection. But the Plus and Minus ndoes are not so due to their identical connection metal layer.
   In DRACULA LVS, I can specify one of the two identical nodes as Plus node by a dumy layer. But I can not do so in Diva LVS command file because dummy layer cause other LVS problems.
   Does anyone know how to specify each terminals of 3-terminal inductor in Diva LVS command file??

View Profile Ray_Lin Ray_Lin   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Specify Terminals of a 3-terminal Inductor
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2005, 8:53pm

If anything I would expect this to be easier in Diva than Dracula. Dracula only supports fixed types of devices, with fixed numbers of pins. Diva is flexible about device types and the number of pins of each.

So I see no reason why there should be any problem with doing this in Diva.

Without seeing the rule deck and layout, it's hard to say exactly what is going wrong - your description was rather vague as to the problem itself with Diva.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Ray_Lin

Taiwan
Re: Specify Terminals of a 3-terminal Inductor
Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2005, 1:54am

Thanks, I've solved this problem by label text.

View Profile Ray_Lin Ray_Lin   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.