The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 8:56am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Assura Problem (Read 2846 times)
Tom

Assura Problem
May 19th, 2005, 2:22am

Hello,

I have a problem with Assura and I hope  somebody can help me.

My Goal:
Go through a layout and find all places where the distance between two lines (on the same layer) is less than a required minimum.
I want Assura to do this by executing a Design Rule Check for minimum net distances.

My Problem:
Assura delivers a file with rule violations. These are given as GEOMETRICAL information. But I need to know the NAMES of the nets involved. I see two possible approaches:

1.) Assura delivers net names (and hierarchy information) directly

2.) I read the geometric location information delivered by Assura and look in the Cadence Database for nets at these locations.

Naturally, I would like the FIRST approach to succeed because it would be far simpler for me.

Best regards
  Tom

PS: Please excuse my bad english

View Profile   IP Logged
DReynolds

Scarborough ME
Re: Assura Problem
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2005, 12:25pm

Tom, can you give some more info about what you are doing... where did the layout come from? Virtuoso, virtuosoXL, place and route? Do you have clean LVS and you are doing extraction?

If you don't have clean lvs, where do you want assura to get net names from? If your layout came from a tool that creates def, you could get the info you are looking for to coorelate physical location with nets from that....

David Reynolds

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.