The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
pls recommend a book about DC-DC switch convertor (Read 48 times)
jay_lin

big capacitor

pls recommend a book about DC-DC switch convertor
Jul 26th, 2005, 6:07am

Dear friends,

Would you please recommend some books about the DC-DC convertors covering the theory and the function circuits, recently I need to make some studies on it. Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day
Jay

Regards
Jay
View Profile   IP Logged
Jess Chen
Community Fellow

California Bay Area
Re: pls recommend a book about DC-DC switch conver
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2005, 8:19am

If you are near a good technical book store you can usually find several books on DC/DC converters. The nice thing about a real book store, as opposed to an on-line store, is that you can bet a better idea of whether the book is worth the $$. I suspect there are newer books out there but looking through my library, which is about 10 years old in DC/DC converters, I like these two books:

Kassakian, Schlecht and Verghese, "Principles of Power Electronics". 1991. Addison Wesley.
This book gives a good overview of the basic converter topologies and also dives into modeling and analysis.

Severns and Bloom, "Modern DC-to-DC Switchmode Power Converter Circuits". 1985. Van Nostrand Reinhold.
This book focuses on PWM converters and probably discusses just about every topology imaginable. The book also derives state space averaged models for most of the topologies.

You should also consider buying at least one book on electromagnetic compatability. One of my favorites is by John Fluke, Sr, "Controlling Conducted Emissions by Design".

or

"Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility", by Clayton Paul. 1992, Wiley and Sons.

I do not know if they are still in print. If not, you may find them at a used book store.

-Jess

View Profile   IP Logged
jay_lin

big capacitor

Re: pls recommend a book about DC-DC switch conver
Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2005, 8:01pm

Dear Jess,

Thank you for your kindly reply, I'll try to buy them.

Grin
HAND
Jay

Regards
Jay
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.