The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:34am
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Learn about system level design of SMPS (Read 28480 times)
hardings

Re: Learn about system level design of SMPS
Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2005, 1:04am

Thanks , Jess.
The book seems good, I'll buy and read it.  I guess it should be easy to transfer from SPICE primitives to analog behavioral modeling languages .

Recently, I found  there is some behavioral sources even in Spice 2.
use parameter function, e.g,

v1 1 0 pwl(0 0 10u 10)
v2 2 0 pwl(0 1 10u 2)
r1 3 0 r='v(1)*v(2)'
ib  0 3 1

Then a multiplier is realised. it is like the B element in the IsSpice.
We can use the same way to create any other function.

View Profile   IP Logged
Jess Chen
Community Fellow

California Bay Area
Reply #16 - Aug 24th, 2005, 11:32am

I came across another book with a pretty good section on modeling and analysis of SMPSs:

"Fast Analytical Techniques for Electrical and Electronic Circuits" by Vatche Vorperian. Cambridge University Press. 2002.

The book has some good comparisons of cycle-by-cycle models and averaged models.

-Jess

View Profile   IP Logged
hardings

Reply #17 - Aug 26th, 2005, 5:26am

Oh, I'd ever read the introduction about this book, it seems novel , but I did not read the detail. How do you think the way the author used?

View Profile   IP Logged
Jess Chen
Community Fellow

California Bay Area
Reply #18 - Aug 26th, 2005, 10:11pm

I am not sure what you are asking. I have not read the book in much detail yet. However, I saw some presentations on Middlebrook's extra element theorem (discussed in the book) many years ago and it seems quite useful. I am hoping to see some discussion of feedback loops in analog circuits and how to account for loading effects. I mentioned the book because the last chapter covers state space averaged models of SMPs and includes a few comparisons of results from brute force and averaged models. The picture show pretty good agreement between the models.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.