The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:18am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Measuring high-performance circuits (Read 401 times)
vivkr
Community Fellow

Measuring high-performance circuits
Dec 15th, 2005, 5:49am

Hi,

I think that this website is lacking in a good section describing measurement setups, and how to go about doing high-performance measurements. This missing element makes a big difference as we are discussing circuit design here.

Most people gain the information about measuring high-performance circuits such as ADCs, filters, oscillators etc. through experience, and thus it is a bit difficult for the newbie.

My suggestion is for experienced people out there to give us their ideas in form of a couple of whitepapers showing how exactly you make a real test setup for such blocks, what precautions you need to take, etc. For example, for an ADC setup, one would need to get an idea of what kind of prefiltering to use, how to generate diff. signals for the input, what tests to use for what kind of an ADC etc.

Similar papers could be written for measuring oscillator purity, or filter performance etc.

A few example setups (including instruments used) would be highly useful even if it amounts to endorsing certain products. I think nobody would mind knowing about these useful products from different vendors which get the job done well.

Regards
Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.