The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:28pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ft measurement (Read 39 times)
panditabupesh
Community Member

Toronto
ft measurement
Feb 13th, 2006, 1:18pm

Hello
I  am doing ft measurement on an nmos. The device is biased with a changing vgs (varying parameter) and fixed vds- using sp and parametric analysis in spectre I am able to do a ft vs vgs plot. However, now I want to do a ft vs ids plot (ids is varied by changing vgs)- is there some way I can probe the dc device current while doing a sp analysis.

-bp

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: ft measurement
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2006, 3:55pm

i'm not quite sure why you are doing sp to get the ft... its much easier to do simple ac sweep, for which terminal currents for the gate and drain are simply available in spectre...

anyway to make idc the variable in the parametric, what i have done in the past is put the idc in the source and bypass it with a cap, so it shorts at high frequency... or bias off a mirror (with mirror reference diode connected and drive with Idc) and use an inductor choke to bias the gate.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.