The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 4:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Load Transient Analysis for DC-DC converters (Read 40 times)
skywalker

Seattle,WA
Load Transient Analysis for DC-DC converters
Feb 23rd, 2006, 9:36am

Hello,

I am up against the task of characterizing loads for the power supply I am designing. All I know at this point of time is that the the load transient is pretty high to cause the DC-DC Converter that I am designing to go in to current limiting.I have been trying to simulate the condition on the bench by presenting the load a zero impedance voltage source in the form of a Diode bridge charging a bulk capacitor attached to the load directly. Now, I want to capture the Load Transient response of the DC-DC converter so that I can get a batter idea of the actual Transient current limit for which the power supply has to be designed for. The DC-DC converter is a Synchronous Buck that works off a VPWR of +15 V which has to be bucked down to +3.3V.Any insights in to this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ananth

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.