The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:15am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RFIC system design considerations (Read 5064 times)
cybq

RFIC system design considerations
Jun 06th, 2006, 11:52pm

Anybody will talk about some RFIC specific system design cosiderations? Such as the volatge gain distribution,
IIP3, NF distributions.  The general system design process wil always be modified several times when applying
to circuit design. There need a new effient methodology for the nowaday short time to market competition.

I'll happy to discuss this issue with anyone who are interested in this.

Any experience would be thanksful.  

xmxie

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: RFIC system design considerations
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2006, 3:55am

the following is a good article decribing the tradeoff's for a GSM system lineup.

http://kabuki.eecs.berkeley.edu/~jrudell/papers/specs/gsms6.pdf

View Profile   IP Logged
ymiao

shanghai China
Re: RFIC system design considerations
Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2006, 10:45pm

Yes, The paper from berkeley is a very good reference for system design.
I hope we can discuss the details of this paper. Now i am doing RFIC sysem design such as NF and IIP3 distributions,etc. The EDA tool I used is Agilent ADS.
Now I have some problems. first, How to design the behavior model of the direct-conversion receiver in NF simulation. If single tone RF input frequecy is set  the same  with LO frequecy. Then the noise power at 0Hz is unbelievable. Then i move the RF input frequency little away from the LO frequency(such as RFin 210.00001MHz  LO 210 MHz), But this cause the mixer NF 3dB above the real situation(This method gets SSB NF while DSB NF in direct-conversion receiver)? How to get more accurate results from the simulation?

Any suggestion or experience are welcomed!
Best Regards!

View Profile ymiao   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.