The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:24pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to find the DCoffset in the simulation (Read 2731 times)
James Bond
Community Member

How to find the DCoffset in the simulation
Apr 22nd, 2007, 1:25am

Hi, all

I am designing a direct convertion double balanced active mixer, followed by a dc-offset cacellation circuit. I set 5% mismatch in the load resistors.I seached some articles on the website, they said they have less 300uV dc offset after applying the dc-offset cancellation circuit, but I don't know how to find the dc-offset of the ouput.  

I also searched this forum, someone said use pss analysis, I have tried , but before plot the curve, one needs to choose what kind of curve they need to plot, the most possiblity is Voltage plot, but it shows the dc voltage of the output node(possitive, negative IF) which is 1.3V in my design. I am really confused about how to find the dc offset, please , if someone knows where I am wrong, please don't hesitate to point out. Thank you very much.  

Best Regards
Bond James

View Profile   IP Logged
augjan

Re: How to find the DCoffset in the simulation
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2007, 5:51pm

Mybe you can cut off the feedback circuit at first to simulate DC and gain the delt voltage of the outputs of mixer(with R mismatch), then simulate all system to find the delt Vout of the mixer

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.