The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:59am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Variable resistor (Read 4618 times)
vivihaha

Buffalo
Variable resistor
Apr 24th, 2007, 5:40pm

Hi folks,

I am thinking of a simple question and I am wondering if you know the answer. I am thinking whether is it possible to model a resistor that varies with respect to time or temperature. I know this is easily done in real life, just get a variable resistor and twitch it till u get the resistor value u want. However, my question is how do u model this in Cadence.
For instance, let's say I am running the transient analysis and I would like to have a resistor that varies its resistance with time. Then the question is how do I can I make it run in Cadence. I mean I would like to run it as simple as possible without the use of any other circuitry such as oscillator, quartz, etc. So, any good tips?

Thank you for your time I am hoping that you dont get bothered by such simple question.  

Sincerely,

-Victor

-Vic
View Profile vif105   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Variable resistor
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2007, 1:45am

Code:
//
r1 (1 0) resistor r=1k+$time*1e6
i1 (1 0) isource dc=1u

tran tran stop=1m 

See spectre -h bsource for more details.

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.