The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:28pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Measurement of offset of ADC (Read 4249 times)
babunp114525

Measurement of offset of ADC
Aug 01st, 2007, 9:04am

Hi,

This is regarding measurement of offset value of ADC.

Can any body tell me whether do i need to consider the value of DNL while calculating offset value.

The standard equation for calculation is offset=Tp(1) - 1LSB where Tp(1) is the 1st transition point of a staircase digital output. Do i need to consider the DNL value of that code while measuring the offset value i.e. is the following equation correct for measurement of the offset error of an ADC?

offset = Tp(1) - 1LSB - DNL ( at code 1)

Please reply me ASAP.

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Measurement of offset of ADC
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2007, 11:19pm

Hi,

I don't think you need substract DNL from TP(1).  Normally, the offset are corrected before calculate DNL.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
babunp114525

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2007, 10:24am

hi  ywguo,

you are right that while calculating the DNL, offset is nullified as DNL = Tp[i+1] - Tp[i]. Now, here Tp[i+1] and Tp[i] are having same amount of offset. Therefore, while measuring DNL, offset is getting nullified.

But DNL is present at each and every code. Therefore, can I write Tp[1] = 1LSB width+DNL+Offset?

if this is true, then we need to consider the DNL value while considering the offset, else not. But, I am not sure whether, the above equation is right?

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2007, 8:46pm

Hi,

The above equation is NOT right.  We measure the TP[1] at x-axis, while offset at y-axis. Right?

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.