The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:09pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TDR measurement question (Read 3574 times)
jefkat
Community Member

TDR measurement question
Sep 11th, 2007, 3:42am

Hi,
   I am doing TDR measurements on a board (with components along the path on which TDR is being done). TDR on just a line is simple but it becomes a bit tricky, I think when you have components along the way. The question becomes: what velocity factor do you take for these devices? These are various passives  like a transformer etc etc. So how would these be taken into account.
     Any clues?
      Thanks much
      shaf

View Profile   IP Logged
neoflash
Community Fellow

Mixed-Signal
Designer

Re: TDR measurement question
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2008, 5:13am

jefkat wrote on Sep 11th, 2007, 3:42am:
Hi,
   I am doing TDR measurements on a board (with components along the path on which TDR is being done). TDR on just a line is simple but it becomes a bit tricky, I think when you have components along the way. The question becomes: what velocity factor do you take for these devices? These are various passives  like a transformer etc etc. So how would these be taken into account.
     Any clues?
      Thanks much
      shaf

I think if u have issue locating each component along the signal transmission, you can push the componenet slightly and you can see somewhere along the TDR waveform will change. That's where ur component is on the waveform.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.