The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Schematic against schematic check in cadence (Read 1699 times)
imd1

Schematic against schematic check in cadence
Feb 28th, 2008, 4:33am

Hi all,

We are re-creating an old design from one obsolete tool into cadence virtuoso. I am wondering if there's any way that I could do an LVS between a cadence schematic (flattened netlist?) and a SPICE deck (the only useful export format of the abandonware) to check if all devices are there , and that they have the correct sizes, etc.

Can Diva do this ? I see no need for Assura, etc. I know it must be possible, somehow. Maybe Caliber ?

Can anyone supply a cookbook solution maybe ?

Thanks in advance!
Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Re: Schematic against schematic check in cadence
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2008, 2:28pm

Hi,

Basically any LVS tool should be able to do the job. LVS tools first extract a netlist from the layout, then perform netlist-vs-netlist comparison. You can tell these tools (Assura, Calibre, certainly Diva too) to perform the last step only by feeding two netlists. Check the tool documentation for netlist-versus-netlist feature. I know Calibre GUI has a separate tab for that, is pretty straightforward provided your netlists are CDL format (CDL is almost Spice-like).

Regards,
Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Reply #2 - Apr 13th, 2008, 11:08pm

Sabio Labs had some service offerings in this area. they have been recently acquired by Magma DA. If you haven't solved the problem already with Assura or Calibre SVS..

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
A.D.J

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2017, 9:51pm

I just use Calibre to do the SVS (netlist vs netlist). You have to put the spice file into the layout input option. Don't forget the change the top name.

---
adj
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.