The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:47am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Automation of VCO testing via Agilent E5052B (Read 2718 times)
PKAT

Automation of VCO testing via Agilent E5052B
Jul 03rd, 2008, 5:50am

Hello

We have E5052B and are using it to measure a voltage controlled oscillator (VCO).

The board on which the chip resides is being controlled via National Instrument USB 6501 24 line digital interface.

I would like to automate the whole set-up such that the following can be accomplished:

For each band setting of VCO, gather data like Frequency vs Vcontrol, Kvco vs Vcontrol and dump to a file (preferably a single file for each measurement type).

This way we don’t need to manually set each band for the data.

I have never done automation on this system before and I see on-line that there is VBA programming capability to help automate.

Due to my limited time for measurement and inexperience with Visual Basic, I was wondering if anyone has a ready-made code that does something like the above?

That would be an amazing help.

Also if you point me to specific document and specific commands that could help me write the code from scratch?

Thanks

P. Kataria
NY
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.