The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 29th, 2024, 6:20am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
analog block identification (Read 1272 times)
Pavel

Lausanne/Switzerland
analog block identification
Jul 23rd, 2008, 1:33am

Hello

For redesign purposes I need to identify equivalent schema of test chip that was fabricated. For next tapeout I should change some parameters. This changes requires transient simulation of schema that includes a block that is passive, but influence considerably the behavior of circuit. So, I want to replace this block by equivalent schema that will consist of (as I suppose) from 2 components - nonlinear resistor and nonlinear capacitor, connected in parallel.

How identify such system. I envisage following testbench (please, see the picture). Generator V1 generates steps that are applied to chain, consisting from some resistor in serial with my device. Measuring step response in point out will allow to get frequency response of the chain R0-U_DUT, and then, derive the characteristic of U_DUT. But what tool/mathematical methods could be used for such transformation. From my university years I remember integral of Duhamel, that could help to do this job. If anybody met similar problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Pavel.

SYSTEM_IDENTIF.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.