The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 29th, 2024, 3:38am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LVS ground problem (Read 4830 times)
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

LVS ground problem
Aug 11th, 2008, 5:09am

Hi all,

i'm trying to do the layout for a design where I've got more than one ground. Unfortunately, the technology doesn't seem to support more than one ground (which is the substrate bias), so i have to join the grounds together to run LVS. Is there any other way around this?

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
bernd

Munich/Germany
Re: LVS ground problem
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2008, 6:56am

In my mind:

- If your process technology offers a triple well (deep nwell) option you may
 use it as isolation of one ground.
- Most of the PDKs were offering a LVS dummy layer for virtually isolating
 substrates, these layer oft is called 'PSUB2'. If you happy
 you will have such a layer.

* bernd

Just another lonesome cad guy
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
rribeiro

Essex, UK
Re: LVS ground problem
Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2008, 3:39am

Hello Aaron,

Bernd idea is good, but you need to see into your technology files if you don't have one layer that allow you to hypothetical isolate many grounds as you like.
For example in Tower you have one layer, WN(vss), that allow you to isolate the ground without using deep-nweel.

In conclusion, have a look to your technology files to see if you have anything like this, because your process can have deep-nweel but if you don't need to use it the cost it will be less than if you use it (deep-nweel it's something that will increase the price of the waffer fabrication.

Hope that this help you
Regards,
Ricardo

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.