The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 3:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Input referred noise in PNoise (Read 5687 times)
Tlaloc
Community Member

Dallas, TX
Input referred noise in PNoise
Sep 15th, 2008, 7:23pm

When I run a PNoise sim with sources and specify an voltage input on a vsource instance, I am able to look at the input referred noise.  Then, when I change the sim to tdnoise, the input referred noise is not saved.  I made no changes to the schematic nor to any of the settings (other than the frequency range of the pnoise sim).  Why is this?

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Re: Input referred noise in PNoise
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2008, 12:15am

If I remember correctly, the noise summary was not available for tdnoise in earlier versions of SpectreRF. Are you using a recent version?

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Tlaloc
Community Member

Dallas, TX
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2008, 7:42am

I am using spectre version 6.2.0.420.  The noise summary seems to work correctly.  I am having trouble retrieving the waveform for the input referred noise when running tdnoise.

View Profile   IP Logged
Frank Wiedmann
Community Fellow

Munich, Germany
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2008, 8:03am

Ok, so I misunderstood your problem. I usually do not look at input referred noise but rather at the noise at the output (and where it comes from, of course).  The only other suggestion I have is to use the Results Browser and see if you can find something there.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Tlaloc
Community Member

Dallas, TX
Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2008, 8:13am

Unfortunately, I've already tried that.  The "in" net does not appear in the browser.  I am trying to get the noise of an integrator, so looking at the output noise open-loop is meaningless since the noise has been multiplied by the loop gain.  I've tried closing the loop as was suggested by Kundert in delta-sigma.pdf, but the results are just not making sense.   Tongue  Thanks anyway for the help.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.