The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 7:54am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
About the theory of PSS analysis (Read 3488 times)
maxiao0116

About the theory of PSS analysis
Apr 14th, 2009, 7:20am

I have a basic question about how PSS works.
I think PSS is trying to find periodic operation points based on periodic signals, is that right?
In spectreRF, i just tell the simulator the fundamental frequencies, but i don't tell it which node has periodic response,
except using PSS oscillator option. Does SpectreRF find the nodes with fundamental frequencies itselves?
Can I use PSS oscillator option to specify an output node for a driven circuit ?

View Profile   IP Logged
oermens
Community Member

Re: About the theory of PSS analysis
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2009, 8:27am

refer to documentation in $MMSIM_HOME/doc/spectreRFTheory/ or type spectre -h pss in terminal.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: About the theory of PSS analysis
Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2009, 3:00am

And you should never use oscillator mode for a driven circuit. This can lead to convergence problems as it tries to solve for an unknown that isn't unknown...

ADE will find the frequencies of sources in your schematic, and can use that to figure out the fundamental frequency. Also, spectre will check sources for consistency with your specified fundamental, or can figure out the fundamental itself for PSS when autofund=yes is specified.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.