The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 7:35am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Creating new symbol view for d_ff cell (Read 786 times)
santo

Creating new symbol view for d_ff cell
May 12th, 2009, 10:47am

Hi,

I am a new member to this site, so firstly hello to everyone.

I have a very simple question to start with. (I apologise if this is not in the corrrect area of the forum).

I am creating a replica of the 'ahdlLib' 'd_ff' cell. The only difference is that I am adding an asynchronous reset. I have modified both the veriloga code and the symbol view to have this reset pin. However, everytime I 'check and save' the symbol view in Cadence virtuoso, there is a cross view check warning, stating that the view in the symbol is not found in the veriloga code. The simple testbench I have does not operate due to this warning.

I am pretty sure the verlioga code is correct, so is there some thing else that I could be missing here? Do I need to do any sort of compliation of the symbol ar anything like that?

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers assistance.

Regards

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Creating new symbol view for d_ff cell
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2009, 8:42am

If you can post a picture of your modified symbol, the modified verilogA code, and also what the exact errors you get are, that would help identify what the problem actually is.

Thanks,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
santo

Re: Creating new symbol view for d_ff cell
Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2009, 8:42am

Andrew,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have managed to fix the problem ...

There appeared to be something funny going on when copying existing cell views, e.g. the symbol view.  I found that if I started completely from scratch, i.e from a new cell with nothing more than the verilogA and then created a symbol view myself (rather than copying it from somewhere else), then the problem disappeared.

Thanks again!!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.