The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:54am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to set the correct Testbench for differential LNA! (Read 4087 times)
Jack

How to set the correct Testbench for differential LNA!
May 18th, 2009, 4:21am

Dear All,

I am design a fully differential Low noise amplifier, which should be connecting with the next stage mixer. Because I want to design the monolithic LNA and mixer, so I don't consider the input impedance matching between LNA and mixer.

When I use testbench 1 as shown in figure1, at the output I use ideal transformer (2:1) to realize the diffferential to single end, then add the port(10kohms) and load capacitance(100fF) as the input of mixer. It gives the good results.

However when I use the test bench 2 as shown in figure 2, at the output I connect the output of LNA to the biased MOS transistor directly, but the frequency response of the LNA is totally changed. I don't know the reason.

Which one gives the correct results, and what is the difference between the two test bench.

Thank you very much!

View Profile   IP Logged
Jack

Re: How to set the correct Testbench for differential LNA!
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2009, 4:24am

This is testbench 1

figure1.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Jack

Reply #2 - May 18th, 2009, 4:24am

This is testbench 2

figure2.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Jack

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2009, 4:30am

I think if the input stage of the mixer is llike the one shown in figure 2, at the input, the bias resistor with the gate-source capacitor of the transistor will operate as a low pass filter, I think maybe it is the reason why the frequency response is changed throughly. Any comments will be appreciated.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.