The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:06am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to build up a simulink model for simulating PSD of a Sigma Delta Modulator (Read 4779 times)
Esther

How to build up a simulink model for simulating PSD of a Sigma Delta Modulator
Sep 01st, 2009, 12:27am

Hi, All,

I am designing a fractional N PLL. Currently I am trying to simulate noise of each block in the PLL.

For SD modulator, simulation of it is my problem.  I build a structure in simulink. It is a  Mash1-1-1. then I do transient simulation. The output of it is -3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3( i don't know why 4 has never happened??).. Then I put a FFT spectrum block at it's output. BUt i can see nothing. the Spectrum gave me nothing.. what's wrong? Or is my method is not correct?

Thank you in advance!

View Profile Esther   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: How to build up a simulink model for simulating PSD of a Sigma Delta Modulator
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2009, 8:14pm

Generally, I don't know what's wrong with your simulink model. But why do you expect the output stream contains code 4? I have a MASH 1-1-1 model, too. It works fine.

Can you put your model in the post?

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.