The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 3:57am
Poll Poll
Question: Regarding Sentaurus TCAD tool

Sdevice module of Sentaurus  
  0 (0%)
SSE module of Sentaurus  
  0 (0%)

Total votes: 0
« Created by: Ria on: Jul 21st, 2016, 10:05am »

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any TCAD users here (device simulationg question) (Read 1480 times)
esprit

Any TCAD users here (device simulationg question)
Oct 9th, 2009, 11:15am

I'm running 2D Sentaurus device simulation and was attempting to do some 3D simulations with some sort of a diode setup.

Now, running 3D (and sometimes 2D) simulations using Poisson coupled with one or two continuity equations (electron and/or hole) takes a very long time.  I was wondering if solving only Poisson equation will give me a good picture of how the outcome should look like.  In other words, under what conditions solving Poisson equation only can be trusted?

Thanks,
Esprit

View Profile   IP Logged
Maks
Community Member

San Jose
Re: Any TCAD users here (device simulationg question)
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2009, 7:20pm

If you are simulating a diode, you can get a very accurate result from solving only Poisson equation if you are simulating a reverse bias condition (assuming you are not interested in reverse current simulation - which can never be trusted unless you do a thorough lifetime model calibration). You will get a zero current, and an accurate description of depletion effect.

In general if you do not solve electron and hole continuity (i.e. current transport) equations, you are (implicitly) assuming constant (coordinate-independent) quasi-Fermi potentials for electrons and holes, which means the conduction current is zero (both for electrons and holes). So, I guess that solving Poisson equation may be sufficient to simulate this sort of condition - reverse-biased p-n junction, MOS structure (C-V characteristics), structures with no electrons or holes, etc.

View Profile   IP Logged
rokisr

\ Any TCAD users here (device simulationg question)
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2011, 2:39pm

Hello,
I am beginner in the Sentaurus TCAD and I am trying to simulation a piece of silicon with traps. And I have a problem: Sentaurus Device shows lack of convergence when traps are included. Even the step size is reduced to 1e-50 it does not converge  :(.
Any help is appreciated.

-Rokis

View Profile   IP Logged
nano-sid

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2013, 7:35pm

i m a beginner in sentaratus tcad .im currently working on Sram . Anybody kindly say me what are the standard sram dimensions need to program that in Tcad

View Profile   IP Logged
Ria

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2016, 10:05am

Hi, I am using Advanced Sentaurus TCAD. I want to check volume inversion occuring in a DGFET. What models should I include in physics section of des.cmd file? or what changes I have to make in parameter file? Can anyone help me?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.