The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:21am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MEAD Education (Read 21298 times)
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
MEAD Education
Nov 09th, 2009, 8:57pm

hi every one,
                     i saw there are many short courses by MEAD organization..does any one has slides or lectures video or any thing else which would help to the learners,  if so please let me know

Thanks,
Rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
vivkr
Community Fellow

Re: MEAD Education
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2009, 2:26am

raja.cedt wrote on Nov 9th, 2009, 8:57pm:
hi every one,
                     i saw there are many short courses by MEAD organization..does any one has slides or lectures video or any thing else which would help to the learners,  if so please let me know

Thanks,
Rajasekhar.

Hi Rajasekhar,

I think the material would be subject to copyright restrictions and people would not be allowed to post it here. In any case, you get only a hardcopy of the notes/slides when you attend a MEAD course. If you want a softcopy, the best person to contact are the instructors themselves, although I doubt if they would be willing to give you the slides.

Your best bet is to look for someone who has attended the course which you are interested in (there are dozens of courses and instructors), and borrow the notes from them for reading.

Keep in mind though that the title of the course is only loosely related to the material presented (content as well as technical level). Most of the instructors have a fixed set of slides which they go through no matter what the course is called. Some have 2 different sets of slides, e.g. one set for the various generic analog design, and one for data converter design. Depending on who the instructor is, you will get completely different material for the same course.

As for videos, there are normally no videos of the lectures as far as I know.

Regards,

Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
rajdeep

UK
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2009, 5:49am

Hi,

I have recently attended such a course on OPAMP in TU, Delft. The breadth of the course was quite good, and that means less time on depth. I found the slides very much coherent with the title of the course.

No video was taken, and all the notes (book also) are hardcopy.

Finally, Delft is a nice place Smiley The course was ok :-P

Rajdeep

Design is fun, verification is a requirement.
View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2009, 7:29pm

Hi Rajasekhar,

Try to google berkeley course video.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Berti
Community Fellow

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2010, 1:45am

Hi all,

I am just wondering: Has someone of you guys already attended just a MEAD course (beside Rajdeep). Are they good? Do they also make sense for the little bit more experienced designer?

Cheers

View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2010, 3:29pm

MEAD course are generally taught by university professors, well published and well recognized.

That said, they are a lot of material compressed into a short period of time. Also the number of people attending is high (500 for the ones taught in California) so you won't have a lot of opportunity for teacher interaction.

All that said, you do get some useful knowledge from them, and the instructors are usually willing to follow up with you afterwards over email.

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Dan Clement
Community Member

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Reply #6 - Aug 24th, 2010, 8:49pm

For experienced designers, about half of the material will probably be review, but still valuable nonetheless.

I've been to several and they have all been great.  I've only attended the ones held in EPFL (Lausanne).

Don't forget the most important part of these courses, and that is networking.  You will meet very important people in the industry as well as intermingle with engineers from all over the world.

View Profile   IP Logged
AnalogDE

Reply #7 - Aug 25th, 2010, 10:25am

Anybody know when/where the next MEAD short courses will be held in the US?

View Profile   IP Logged
HdrChopper
Community Fellow

Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2010, 6:36pm

AnalogDE wrote on Aug 25th, 2010, 10:25am:
Anybody know when/where the next MEAD short courses will be held in the US?

Have you tried http://www.mead.ch/?

I also found these type of courses very useful, even for experienced designers.  They are always a good opportunity to polish some concepts and tie those loose ends that always are somewhere there.

Best
Tosei

Keep it simple
View Profile   IP Logged
AnalogDE

Reply #9 - Nov 19th, 2010, 8:46pm

Got it.  Thanks.  I"m thinking about signing up for the Analog short course in Mar 2011.  Anyone else interested?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.