The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 2:57pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem with modeling of Wind Turbine in VHDL-AMS (Read 94 times)
Mils

Problem with modeling of Wind Turbine in VHDL-AMS
Jul 22nd, 2010, 1:38am

Hey All,

Presently I am handling a very peculiar problem. Actually I am trying to create a Aerodynamic model of Wind Turbine in VHDL-AMS.

While working in Mechanical domain, I always have a problems with references. because it's a 3 dimmentional system, rotating system. How can we define 3 references in 3 different directions and how can we set up a relationship between these these references ? does any body worked/work on similar kind of problem. please let me know.

more specifically, does any body simulated a force/any vector which has constant magnitude but rotating in nature. please let me know.

thanks and regards,

Mils.

View Profile   IP Logged
Richardsim

Re: Problem with modeling of Wind Turbine in VHDL-AMS
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2010, 7:16am

Hi Mils,

With respect to ground:
one can use rotational_ground, translational_ground, electrical_ground, etc.

I have simulated mechanical systems with beams and rigid bodies in VHDL-AMS, so should be able to help you with your other questions,
but do not fully understand what you are trying to achieve. Please explain.

Best regards,

Richard

View Profile   IP Logged
jerome_ams
Community Member

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2010, 11:57am

Hi,
The VHDL-AMS standard defines different disciplines such as electrical, rotational, ...
In each of them the duality between the "across" and the "through" quantities defining this very discipline is defined. These are for the electrical discipline respectively the voltage and the current. For the rotational, these are the angle and the torque.

Taking advantage of these disciplines, describing a mechanical is quite staight forward (from a language point of view at least Wink)

Cheers,
Jerome

View Profile   IP Logged
jerome_ams
Community Member

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2010, 11:59am

Hi again,

May I ask you in which kind of activities do you aim to model such a system?

Thanks,
Cheers Jerome

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.