The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 12:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Baseline wander modelling (Read 4952 times)
currant

Baseline wander modelling
Aug 03rd, 2010, 7:24am

Hello,
 I am trying to simulate baseline wander effect in the ethernet 100 Mbit/s transmit path. I use test pattern from TP-PMD standart doc, scrambler with seed=390, ideal transformer with first winding
inductance 350uH on transmit and load ends and transmition line in the form of 2wire mtline.
 When I do AC analysis, I see second order HPF response with f3db≈65 kHz.
But I can't see any big and long base line offset. I see only little (no more than 50 mV) and short (1-3 us) offset.
Did anybody simulate this effect? With what problem could I confront?
 Many Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
love_analog

Re: Baseline wander modelling
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2010, 1:35pm

you may have tested too short a pattern. Remember the worst case will be a long string of 1s and thats when you see the max effect. Simulate with that input stream and you will surely see the issue

loveanalog.blogspot.com
The Power of Analog
View Profile   IP Logged
currant

Re: Baseline wander modelling
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2011, 6:57am

Hello,
after a long work on another theme, I returned to the 100 Mbit/s Ethernet project.
  I corrected binary-to-MLT-3 converter, and after applying BLW worst-case test pattern to the input of 4b/5b converter I saw a 53 bit time zero on output of scrambler. But I see baseline drift  only  if scrambler out connects directly to bin-to-MLT-3 converter.
  In my structure after scrambler there is a NRZ-to-NRZI converter, as in datasheet of NS  DP83816 and when I apply output of NRZ-to-NRZI block to input of bin-to-MLT-3 there is no any significant baseline drift.
Does anybody know,   Do I need a NRZ-to-NRZI converter between  scrambler and bin-to-MLT-3 converter?
Many Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.