The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 3:48am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Load pull for differential PA (Read 4705 times)
jeffrey-peng

Load pull for differential PA
Feb 26th, 2011, 6:08am

Hi,
When design PA , we use Load pull technique to find the best Load impedance to optimize efficiency and output power. It is easy to do Load pull test in single ended PA. How to do that differential PA with a balun to convert differential output to single ended?  Where to put the adaptive load, before or after the balun? If before the balun, Do we need two adaptive load for each output. If it is behind the balun, how to move the matching network before the balun?

View Profile   IP Logged
purplewolf

Re: Load pull for differential PA
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2011, 6:08am

correct me if i am wrong...you design PA in a single ended configuration and optimize it with load pull to provide the optimum impedance conditions..once you are done, you just connect it in a differential manner to get 3 dB extra power and to reject common mode noise thorugh balun or a transformer.. i dont see any reason performing load pull on differential and not sure how to perform it..

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.