The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:25pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Assura LVS: issue with hierarchy (Read 4229 times)
rho

Belgium
Assura LVS: issue with hierarchy
Sep 13th, 2012, 7:24am

I'm running Assura LVS on the analog part of the design.
I have to flatten some cells in the layout to get a match between schematics and layout. So I tried to use the ?flattenCellContents option in the avParameters.
I kept the hierarcy in the layout as is and activated the ?flattenCellContents (I checked the " use in run" box and filled in the list of cells to flatten).
This improved the results, but it didn't yield the same results as when I actually flatten the cells (one level) in the layout.

Does anyone have any idea why the flattening of the hierarchy via Assura avParameters gives different results then actually flattening the cells in the layout-view.

I've done a comparison between the layout with flattened cells and the one where I let Assura do the flattening during the check and there were no mask differences to be found. So only the hierarchy of the design was different.

I'm using Virtuoso IC6.1.5.500.11

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: Assura LVS: issue with hierarchy
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2012, 3:14am

Rho,
try expandOnError or expandCellToParent.

Hope this helps.

- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.