The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 3:29am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
0.9V/0.6V step down DC DC converter [urgent help needed] (Read 2512 times)
Larry_80
Community Member

0.9V/0.6V step down DC DC converter [urgent help needed]
Oct 02nd, 2012, 5:18am

Hello All,
I would like to design a voltage regulator(DC DC from 0.9v to 0.6v) CMOS (Inductorless) that drives a capacitive load. It is very critical that my output voltage tracks the power supply very well. i.e i want to maintain a constant voltage difference. so for example if supply goes up to 0.95v, want the output voltage to be 0.65v maintaining the difference of 0.3v.
Could anyone suggest the architecture to use? Does a switch capacitor DC DC converter track well? Any suggestions where i can find a literature to support this will help. So far all the IEEE papers i have found do not discuss what i am looking for.

View Profile   IP Logged
Lex

Eindhoven, Holland
Re: 0.9V/0.6V step down DC DC converter [urgent help needed]
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2012, 2:07am

Doesn't sound difficult. Just use some circuit to subtract the input voltage by 0.3V, and use the result as a control voltage input for your DC-DC converter feedback loop?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.