The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 26th, 2024, 8:44pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Building a Center tapped transformer (Read 1161 times)
Rixtrix

Building a Center tapped transformer
Nov 20th, 2012, 12:06pm

Hello! I'm not a EE or, a tech but have a problem in that I have a couple of feedback eliminators in my p.a. rack (Sabine fbx900's) and don't have the power supplies for them. After an exhaustive search, I think I've decided to just build them myself! They want to be fed 27vac at 1 amp as they get fed via 5 pin din connector where the two outside pins carry 13.5vac each (for a total of 27vac at 1 amp) while the center pin connects to the center tap of the center tapped step-down transformer.
Can you guys instruct me on building a center tapped transformer? Treat me like a child in other words, I need a complete parts list including:
core, wiring (gauge included), number of winds for both primary and secondary sides, etc. please help! I realize I'm not very good for the exchange of electrical/electronics idea or theory but I need help if you guys wouldn't mind too much!
Thanks, sincerely rixtrix!
P.S. I will leave a "journal" as to my building endeavor and keep you up to date on my progress and mishaps! Thanks again! Roll Eyes

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.