The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 26th, 2024, 10:20pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Compare inverter and OTA in SC-amplifier. (Read 2429 times)
Jacki

Compare inverter and OTA in SC-amplifier.
Dec 19th, 2012, 6:19am

Hi,

I have two questions about inverter design. I want to design a SC-amplifier by using inverter to replace OTA.
   First is how to calculate the power consumption of inverter? Is it the same way as we calculate the digital power consumption?
   P=(1/2)*VDD(square)*fs*CL
fs is sampling frequency, CL is the load.

Second is for SC-amplifier based on OTA, gain bandwidth product of OTA is important for settling. Is it the same for inverter, if I use inverter instead of OTA. Do they have the same spec. for gain bandwidth product?

If somebody have good references for inverter design, could you please introduce to me.

Thank you.

Jacki.

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: Compare inverter and OTA in SC-amplifier.
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2012, 5:34am

Jacki,
Jacki wrote on Dec 19th, 2012, 6:19am:
... [H]ow to calculate the power consumption of inverter? Is it the same way as we calculate the digital power consumption?
   P=(1/2)*VDD(square)*fs*CL
No. the digital power formula just gives you the power needed to recharge the load cap.

- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Jacki

Re: Compare inverter and OTA in SC-amplifier.
Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2012, 6:35am

Hi boe,

Thank you. Now I use iprobe and calculator in spectre to get the average current, then I think I can use this value to estimate the power consumption.

Jacki.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.