The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 12:40pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
post pex simulation: specre netlist versus calibre netlist (Read 4744 times)
nereo

post pex simulation: specre netlist versus calibre netlist
Jul 17th, 2013, 7:59am

Hello everyone,

i'been experiencing some difference in spectre simulation results depending on which type of post pex netlist is created.

to track down the problem i've created a simple testbech.

My schematic is a capacitor with a switch transistor connected at the bottom plate. I've created a DRC and LVS clean layout.

I first do a PEX creating a calibreview output. Then i do a PEX creating only a spectre netlist output. Both PEX are same.

After a s-parameter simulation in order to check the capacitance seen at the  top plate I gete a 70 aF difference depending which netlist is used. (NMOS switch with grounded source and bulk is turned on).

Where could this difference come from? Please help me with some suggestions...  :)

Thanks in advance

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: post pex simulation: specre netlist versus calibre netlist
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2013, 3:48am

nereo,
are the sim netlists the same?
- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
nereo

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2013, 1:24am

Dear BOE,

thank you for your answer. Sorry for a late reply...i'll be faster from now on  :)

The netlists are different in terms of port node naming, but are the same when I compare the values of parasitic capacitors and resistors. Also, the device parameters and their values are the same.

nereo

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2013, 1:43am

nereo,

logically identical netlists should give the same results. I suppose you already checked that you used the same simulator settings.

Is it possible that this is just numerical error (eg. [numerically] unstable initial conditions, ...)?

- B O E

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.