The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 2:33pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Does spectreVerilog only support Verilog module with clk under 1GHz? (Read 4200 times)
Lynn Lou

Does spectreVerilog only support Verilog module with clk under 1GHz?
Oct 04th, 2013, 2:33am

Hi all,
I was doing a RF/Digital-Mixed simulation, in which I employed a counter to evaluate the divided RF signal. However, I found the counter gives a wrong value. At first, I thought the verilog code of the counter maybe has some faults. Eventually, when I lower the input signal frequency to 0.9GHz, the counter output the right value.

Does the spectreVerilog only support the clk of the digital module under, say, 1GHz?

Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Lynn Lou

Re: Does spectreVerilog only support Verilog module with clk under 1GHz?
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2013, 5:12am

Hi everyone,

I found the Verilog-XL (which is employed by spectreVerilog ) exhibits a default delay of 1ns. That's maybe the reason why the counter just output no more than 500MHz freqency.

There must be options to change the default delay(i.e. 1ns) somewhere. Could anyone give me a hint, please?

Thanks a lot!

View Profile   IP Logged
Lynn Lou

Re: Does spectreVerilog only support Verilog module with clk under 1GHz?
Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2013, 5:59am

Hi,

I just set the "Global Sim Time" and "Global Sim Precision" from 1ns(default) to 1ps, and the problem solved. The two parameters are under ADE: "Setup"->"Environment" ->" Verilog Netlist Option".

Thank you all Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.