The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 25th, 2024, 4:06pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
accuracy of IO device models (Read 4224 times)
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

accuracy of IO device models
Oct 23rd, 2013, 1:40am

Hi all,

I want to design an opamp, and I found that I can get better overall performance using my IO devices. However, I'm wondering whether these device models are going to be accurate since they're not primarily used for opamp design. I'm using TSMC40nm. Any information is appreciated.

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: accuracy of IO device models
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2013, 8:36am

You really have to ask the foundry that one -- what measurements did they do to validate the models?  Can they show you the fits?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2013, 4:46pm

Hi,

thanks for the reply. So I guess its a 50-50 then. I was just thinking there would be a typical scenario...

Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
danmiso

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2013, 9:10pm

I don't know much about TSMC 40 nm, but I have used I/O devices in two-digit nm processes for various analog circuits such as such as LDOs.  I haven't seen any issues with the models.  I'm sure fabs will get a lot of complaints from customers if they compromise accuracy of the I/O device models thinking that they will be only used for digital I/O's.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.