The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:10am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
automatic project name in title block of virtuoso schematic sheets (Read 4356 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
automatic project name in title block of virtuoso schematic sheets
Dec 31st, 2013, 12:12am

Hi Guys,

I want to display the project name automatically if my customized sheets are instantiated in the schematic composer. What can I do?

Sure I have defined title pairs in the user property schSheetTitles, ("project" "string"). But there is not any default value.

Furthermore, I will work one several projects of course. I want to display correct project names automatically.

Any comments are appreciated.

BG,
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: automatic project name in title block of virtuoso schematic sheets
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2013, 1:45am

Hi Yawei,

schSheetTitles is primarily there to allow you to set up the Edit->Sheet Titles form so that the user can then fill in properties which get stored on the instance of the sheet, and are displayed via an NLP Label on the sheet symbol (e.g. [@company] or [@project].

You can make the labels have a default value. Instead of the label being [@company] say, it could be [@company:%:Designer's Guide] - so it would show "Designer's Guide" until you'd gone to Edit->Sheet Titles and changed it to the value you want.

That doesn't really help you for a project though, since you're unlikely to want a single default value.

A couple of possibilities:
  • Have some SKILL trigger (using schRegPreCheckTrigger for example) which at check (and save) time looks for an instance of a sheet on your schematic, and fills in the project property for you.
  • Change the label to be a label of labelType ILLabel, and have it a SKILL expression - e.g. getShellEnvVar("PROJECT"). This means it will show whatever the PROJECT UNIX environment variable is.
  • If the UNIX env var is too transient - you could add a property on your design library (for example) to indicate the project to which it belongs. Assuming this property was called PROJECT, your ILLabel could have the expression ilInst~>cellView~>lib~>PROJECT

You might also find this solution on Cadence Online Support useful: http://support.cadence.com/wps/mypoc/cos?uri=deeplinkmin:ViewSolution;solutionNu...

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.