The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 12:46pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problem with ASSURA pin names (Read 4649 times)
pinkfloyd

Problem with ASSURA pin names
Jan 22nd, 2014, 10:02am

Hello.

I am using AMS hit kit and I noticed that the only way to create labels and pins is to go to hit kit utilities, create label and then use the tool create pins from labels.

I did it but when I try to run the LVS, in case I do not connect physically the metals that have the same pin and label ( for example VDD) it does not work, even if they have the same label and pin.

So, only when I connect it passes the LVS but when I want to import the cell in my whole design I have to remove the metals.

What do you propose?

Thank you in advance

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Problem with ASSURA pin names
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2014, 3:41am

Search in the Assura documentation for "?joinPins". This is the avParameter to allow you to set up "virtual connections".

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
pinkfloyd

Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2014, 11:36am

Not really....
http://asic.ams.com/hitkit/hk410/assura/assura_qrc.html

The only way to pass the LVS even if I join the pins is to really do a metal connection....

Is there another way?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2014, 6:04pm

That's not the documentation of the tool - that's the kit documentation.

If using Assura for an IC61 release you can run $ASSURAHOME/tools/bin/cdnshelp and then search for ?joinPins.

Alternatively (and this will work for Assura intended for use with IC5141 too), look at $ASSURAHOME/doc/assurauser/assurauser.pdf and search for ?joinPins.

?joinPins allows you to set up a virtual connection without having to strap it in metal yourself.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.