The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 9:46pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Open source TCAD, and empirical data for well known materials? (Read 4087 times)
physixer

Open source TCAD, and empirical data for well known materials?
Jul 03rd, 2014, 3:53am

Hi,

New to this forum! I'm looking for a recommendation for open source alternatives to TCAD.

I need to simulate transistor like MOSFET using drift-diffusion for some of the well-known materials.

Since I'm also a programmer, is there any effort to develop a standard open source TCAD tool for everyone to use? To which I could contribute?

Thanks,

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Open source TCAD, and empirical data for well known materials?
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2014, 7:27am

I don't know of any open-source TCAD, but I have the impression that some of the commercial tools started as university software; I wonder if you can find the original source code and then see if anyone has started a project on SourceForge, GitHub, Google Code, ...

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
skippy

Re: Open source TCAD, and empirical data for well known materials?
Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2014, 8:19am

physixer wrote on Jul 3rd, 2014, 3:53am:
Hi,

New to this forum! I'm looking for a recommendation for open source alternatives to TCAD.

I need to simulate transistor like MOSFET using drift-diffusion for some of the well-known materials.

Since I'm also a programmer, is there any effort to develop a standard open source TCAD tool for everyone to use? To which I could contribute?

Thanks,

A list of open source TCAD software is maintained here:
http://www.tcadcentral.com/index.php/OpenSourceTCAD

You participation in helping to develop DEVSIM is welcome:
http://www.devsim.org

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.