The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 19th, 2024, 10:31am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help: contact via missing when width is increased for poly-silicon resistor. (Read 3231 times)
Jacki

Help: contact via missing when width is increased for poly-silicon resistor.
Jul 10th, 2014, 2:04am

Hi,

I am blocked by a strange issue in the layout. As shown in the figure below, I try to use poly-silicon resistors to build up my resistive array. When the width W is smaller than 1um, I can get the contact via between poly and metal 1. But when the width of resistor is equal to or larger than 1um, the contact via is missing, instead there is a cross region which is marked by layer "CABAR". The contact via between metal 1 and poly is layer "CA". That means even I cannot add the via by hand in that cross region, or else I cannot pass the DRC check.
   Does anybody have this problem before? Can you please give me some tips to avoid this problem? Anyway this problem is very strange, it is my first to face it.
   Thank you.
   Jacki

fig.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Jacki

Re: Help: contact via missing when width is increased for poly-silicon resistor.
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2014, 8:36am

It has been solved. Even the vias are missing, I can still pass LVS. It sounds strange, but it can work.

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: Help: contact via missing when width is increased for poly-silicon resistor.
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2014, 9:21am

Jacki,
it looks as if the technology uses different layers for contacts and contact arrays.
- B O E
PS: This is just an educeted guess, given that I don't know your tech.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.