The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 3:55pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
switch-capacitor integrator noise simulation using spectreRF (Read 1868 times)
Chris Tao

Singapore
switch-capacitor integrator noise simulation using spectreRF
Nov 07th, 2014, 1:36am

Hi, All,

I am trying to use the method introduced by "Ken Kundert" to simulate the noise of switch-capacitor using SpectreRF. I noticed that the ideal sample-and-hold is written in verilogA. Based on my understanding, this ideal sample-and-hold serves two purpose: a) provide negative feedback to the integrator input to achieve steady-state operating condition during pss simulation, b) serves as an open circuit during pnoise simulation such that this feedback don't affect the overall noise analysis? ( it is very analogous to the way we put large inductor in the feedback path to bias and opamp during ac/noise analysis).
Can anybody told me whether my understanding is correct or not?
If my understanding is right, can I use some components in the "analogLib" to build an ideal sample-and-hold to achieve the same purpose? I found it is very hard to find an "open" for the pnoise analysis.
Thanks a lot.

link to the paper i am referring to:
http://www.designers-guide.org/analysis/delta-sigma.pdf

Also I found there are several points in this paper I couldn't understand. If anybody is also studying this paper and want to have some discussion, please feel free to contact me.
Thanks and cheers  ;D.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.