The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:58pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Parasitic resistors problem of NMOS switch in pnoise simulation in simple S&H (Read 1921 times)
OmerNuz

Parasitic resistors problem of NMOS switch in pnoise simulation in simple S&H
Aug 18th, 2015, 4:15am

Hi,

I have a problem with parasitic noise sources of rs & rd of NMOS switch in simulating the simple sample and hold circuit noise with pnoise. When I look at the noise sources from noise summary, I see that in addition to id noise of NMOS switch, there are two other noise sources rs & rd.

I saw that rs & rd noise changes with the pulse width of the clock but I could not find the reason for that noise? In some simulations, these are the dominant noise sources.

What is the reason for that noise or has anyone encountered this problem before?

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Parasitic resistors problem of NMOS switch in pnoise simulation in simple S&H
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2015, 3:59pm

rs and rd are parasitic resistors in series with the source and the drain. The noise you are seeing is the thermal noise they produce.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.