The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:13am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
embedded cores boot loaders (Read 1902 times)
vicm6799

embedded cores boot loaders
Oct 21st, 2015, 7:13pm

Using a MCU or SoC multi core as an example could anyone help with the following questions.

Where on the die of these two IC's would you find the core on the topmost layer or it could be just anywhere on any layer on die ? Please correct me if I'm wrong but the embedded core is sort like an embedded OS for the chip that controls all functions (IO) of the IC ?

We have discovered that a typical MCU or SoC both require a boot loader which loads the bootstrap embedded core. Could anyone tell us for either of these implementations (multi cores MCU/SoC) does each embedded core require its own dedicated boot loader ? If the answer is yes then can the boot loader for either of these two IC's reside anywhere on the die other then in flash memory or in EEPROM or ROM ? Lastly again using a multi embedded core MCU or SoC IC's as an example how does the boot loader know where to locate the core in the case of multi embedded cores IC's ?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Re: embedded cores boot loaders
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2015, 6:14pm

going to be unique to the device

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.