The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 24th, 2024, 5:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cyclostationary noise and chopper modulation (Read 32 times)
ULPAnalog
Community Member

Cyclostationary noise and chopper modulation
Feb 15th, 2016, 8:08pm

Dear experts

First of all, this is more a theoretical question than a simulator question, so please excuse me if it ends up under wrong section.  I have been looking into the slides of cyclostationary noise by Joel Phillips and Ken (available at http://www.designers-guide.org/Theory/). Slide 13 of the same shows noise being modulated with a 1 0 sequence. Now I consider the case where the noise is modulated using 1 -1 sequence instead (as in the case of chopper modulation/demodulation). At a first glance it appears to me as if the statistics of the noise are unchanged irrespective of whether the phase is 1 or -1. Yet in reality the noise is being modulated and should therefore be cyclostationary. Could you please clarify what might be going wrong in this thought process.

Thanks and regards

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.