The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 18th, 2024, 4:39pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Suspecting a pss/pnoise issue in a VCO simulation (Read 1213 times)
iVenky

Silicon Valley
Suspecting a pss/pnoise issue in a VCO simulation
Apr 14th, 2016, 7:19pm

Hi all,

I have designed a wide-range LC VCO, and I am running PSS/Pnoise for checking the phase noise of the VCO. I got suspicious about the results when I found that the phase noise started changing with tstab for a range of oscillation frequencies (For example, a tstab of 500n is giving me a phase noise of -101.8 dBc/Hz @ 1MHz while a tstab of 5u is giving me a phase noise of -108 dBc/Hz @1MHz!) Could you please help me out in figuring out whether the Pss/Pnoise results are proper or not? Is that something to do with the tolerance limit (it's the default value by the way)? How can I confirm if the results of pss/pnoise are correct? This is holding up my project, as I am not able to meet the required phase noise specs. I am also looking for resources to understand pss/pnoise functioning.

Also I had one more question. Is it possible to get different frequencies (an error of 3% to 4%) in transient simulation and pss?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2016, 9:59pm by iVenky »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.